Monday, August 25, 2008

Back on Track

Well, this blog has officially been abandoned for 7 months, but I think it's time to start blogging about my faith again. You may be a regular blog reader on my other blog and wonder why I am keeping a separate blog about my faith. Part of the reason is for me to document my spiritual journey & also as an outlet to share my faith. I personally believe that faith is very personal, but never private. God didn't intend for me to keep it under a bush (those pre-school songs come in handy!), but it's also incredibly intimate and close to my heart.
You can re-visit some of my early blog goals, that never quite materialized in the puny 5 posts I managed before becoming too busy with a trip to South America and studying for my engineering license exam.
With the start of the school year, I am motivated to re-commit to being deliberate about my faith and devoted to spending the necessary time grow spiritually. I've again volunteered to teach a pre-school class on Sunday mornings. I have a group of 4 year olds for an hour each Sunday, and I look forward to sharing the lessons I learn with them. I had taught Sunday school for 2 years, and had taken a 2 year break. I feel it's a really important way to minister to the families in our church. The parents couldn't attend worship or their small group without hundreds of volunteers teaching their kids.
I've also signed up for a short 6-week class on Wednesday nights. It starts this week, and we are studying how to be a God empowered wife. Last fall, I made it about half-way through a series on spiritual warfare that was both very interesting and very dull at the same time. I'm hoping this short series will hold my attention, and I might sign up for a series the second half depending on my work schedule.
Finally, H & I are going to start attending our small group classes again on Sunday morning. We've found various reasons not to go for the past 6 months. Usually it was chores that needed to be done or errands to be ran or the fact that we'd miss the next week's class anyway. I really want to connect to other young couples in our church & be part of a church family. I was part of an awesome singles group, so I really miss that dynamic of church.
I'll be back soon this time- I promise!

No comments: