Friday, January 11, 2008

Welcome to My Reflections

WELCOME & thanks for joining me on my Reflections of the Good News!


I started this blog as a place to share the lessons that God is teaching me through my church, my small group, the Bible and life. I am hoping that having a dedicated place for me to post my thoughts and meditations will push me to dig a little deeper in my spiritual life and meditate a little bit longer about the messages God is sharing with me.


I hope that some of you from my regular blog will stick around and feel free to join me with your own reflections. If you just happen to stumble upon this blog some other way, I hope you find something of spiritual value. I honestly don't think I will be able to commit to devoting a lot of time to this blog right now. Hopefully after my big test in April, I will be able to set up a regular schedule and be more consistent with my reflections.


I will set out some early goals for this blog by mentioning what I envision. Mostly this blog will be for myself- to help me grow and study the Bible. I hope to post mini-reviews of the sermon each week, so that I can take notes and truly spend time reflecting on the great message that I hear every week. I'd like to share particularly meaningful songs that I hear on the radio and love to sing at the top of my lungs. Given the tremendous amount of reading I've done in the past few years, and the hope to do more reading in the future, I plan on reviewing and sharing books that I found very inspiring or encouraging to my Christian walk.



I also hope to be able to use this blog as a place to document my progress that I am making in my faith walk- to share where I am struggling, to reflect on when I am disappointed and to celebrate when I overcome great struggles. Much like the history I've blogged about, I'd like to share the history of my spiritual walk. I envision this blog as a place where I can personally reflect, dream, question, celebrate, mourn and be real about the inner-workings of my soul and mind. I really would encourage everybody who is reading this to leave feedback about your own faith walk and what you would like to see me discuss on this blog.



Things to blog about: sermons, music, books, other faith blogs, missions, Jesus, New Testament, Old Testament, End Times, evangelism, finances, devotions, prayer, marriage, service, fellowship, small group, current events, salvation, obedience, prophesy, apologetics, heaven, hell, death, baptism and many more. Feel free to leave a comment with any issues you'd like to see me blog about.


Welcome to the journey and God Bless!

2 comments:

Liza on Maui said...

I'm excited about this! It's always a blessing to read about your spiritual journey - I'd be visiting a lot for sure :)

Amanda said...

Thank you for starting this blog! I will be visiting a lot and it will encourage us both :)